Denise's Den
Welcome to the den of Historical and Inspirational Romance Author, Denise Patrick
Come on in, curl up with a good book (hopefully one of mine), and stay awhile.
Monday, June 24, 2013
Rom Con
Where to begin?

I hadn't been to a conference other than my local chapter one in three years. The last RWA National I went to was in Orlando in 2010. So, I was itchin' to go somewhere this year. I seriously thought about RT, but it was too early. Then I remembered RomCon. I've been friends with Melissa Mayhue for a while and knew she had been before, so I contacted her.

"You'll have a great time!" was her enthusiastic recommendation. So I signed up - for everything. I signed up for a Buddy Group and met three of the most interesting and diverse women. The first night in the bar, I met Laci Paige. The next day I met a number of staff from the Wild Rose Press, and the Plotting Princesses. These ladies from the Dallas area were just the pick-me-up I needed. Between the princesses, Laci, and my buddies, I was set for the weekend with friends galore.

RomCon is a conference for the reader. There are Intimate chats, author panels, speed-date-an-author, games and activities, and lots of swag. And the readers (fans) love every minute of it.

As I'm writing this, I'm kicking myself for not taking pictures. I almost always take a camera when I go places - and this conference was no exception - but you can't take pictures if you don't ever take the darn thing out of the bag!

So, what did I do? Come back in as couple of days as I talk about each of the three activities I participated in and give you my take on them.

See you in a few days!





Labels: , ,

1 Comments:
Anonymous Laci Paige said...
So, when's our next con??? :)

Post a Comment

Links to this post:
Create a Link
Contact Me
Email me at
denisepatrick @ gmail.com
(sans spaces, of course)